Ulster Publishing (est. 1972) is a Hudson Valley media company with offices in New Paltz and Kingston. We have five flagship weekly newspapers, and publish several special publications and websites.
Our main website is ulsterpublishing.com. That includes links to all our sites, plus info about subscribing, advertising, a regional calendar and classifieds.
Here’s each of our publications with links to the sites:
- Woodstock Times: Our first and probably best-known paper, providing an authentic and modern take on America’s most famous small town.
- Saugerties Times: Published since 1995, this paper covers a town on the up-and-up. With a lively mix of young and old, natives and transplants, liberals and conservatives, it’s one of the most interesting places we cover.
- New Paltz Times: A hugely popular newspaper covering one of the region’s coolest towns. Known far and wide for its world-class outdoor recreation and state college, it’s a community with a rich history, lively politics, bustling culture and breathtaking natural beauty.
- Kingston Times: Our youngest paper, Kingston Times provides an alternative take on city politics, police, culture and community. Thoughtful, in-depth, and comprehensive.
- Almanac Weekly: The region’s best guide to art, entertainment and adventure, Almanac Weekly is a must-read for tens of thousands of people on both sides of the Hudson River. It’s a compendium of Hudson Valley culture, events, personalities, art, nature, food, history, trends and odysseys, providing readers with good news, great ideas and an authentic, grassroots sense of place. It includes the region’s best calendar and classifieds and is delivered weekly in these fine Ulster Publishing newspapers: Woodstock Times; New Paltz Times; Saugerties Times and Kingston Times. Almanac Weekly is also distributed as a stand-alone publication throughout Ulster, Dutchess, Greene & Columbia counties.
In addition to these sites for our weekly publications, we also manage the following web-only media:
- Hudson Valley Business Review: The region’s only website devoted exclusively to business journalism, drawing on Ulster Publishing’s entire news organization to provide the economic perspective on regional news.
- Explore Hudson Valley: What to do and where to go in the Hudson Valley, with appeal for tourists and natives alike.
- Healthy Hudson Valley: A local guide to health services, good food and living well.
- Dine Hudson Valley: The region’s best guide to eating local.
- Home Hudson Valley: Our local guide to making the most of your Hudson Valley Home.